sábado, 11 de febrero de 2012

Richard Billingham: fotógrafo favorito de la semana


RAY’S A LAUGH

"It’s not my intention to shock, to offend, sensationalise, be political or whatever, only to make work that is as spiritually meaningful as I can make it- whatever the medium."

"I was living in this tower block; there was just me and him. He was an alcoholic, he would lie in bed, drink, get to sleep, wake up, get to sleep, didn’t know if it was day or night. But it was difficult to get him to stay still for more than say 20 minutes at a time so I thought that if I could take photographs of him that would act as source material for these paintings and then I could make more detailed paintings later on. So that’s how I first started taking photographs."

Leer más del artista...

No hay comentarios: